Low Carbohydrate Lasagna Recipe
Making a low carb lasagna recipe wasn’t as hard as I had expected. As a matter of fact, my new home cooking routine isn’t half bad. It’s a great feeling to know I have control over the ingredients in my dinners. When I shop for a frozen lasagna, I have to be very careful about reading the ingredient panels because a lot of frozen meals contain preservatives that are not only unhealthy, but, for me, trigger headaches and migraines.
Low-Carb and Keto-Friendly Lasagna Recipe
This healthy lasagna recipe isn’t a no-carb lasagna, but it’s pretty low-carb lasagna! An added bonus is that it tastes great. No complaints from my family, and some of us even splurged for a second helping. I took an easy way out and used a canned organic spaghetti sauce, but in the future I may try my hand at a homemade tomato sauce. You can use a canned sauce or use a tried-and-true spaghetti sauce recipe from your recipe box.
This homemade zucchini lasagna makes approximately eight servings. After we all had our share, I portioned the remaining lasagna up into single-serving portions and froze them for leftovers. It warms up nicely in the oven or even microwave if you want to go that route.
Don’t forget to check out my dog lasagna recipe!
Zucchini Lasagna Recipe | Low Carb Lasagna Recipe
- 2 lbs Hamburger Ground, Lean
- 24 oz Spaghetti Sauce
- 3 cup Mozzarella Shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese Shredded
- 6 whole Zucchini
- 2 whole Tomatoes Roma, suggested
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once your pan is heated, add the olive oil.
- Add the ground hamburger to the pan. As it's cooking, stir and break up the meat with a large wooden spoon. Cook the beef until it's no longer pink. Approximately five minutes.
- Once your meat is cooked, drain and dispose of the grease.
- Place your ground hamburger back into your skillet and add your spaghetti sauce and diced tomatoes.
- Continue to stir the mixture over medium-high heat until it begins to simmer.
- Once your mixture is simmering, reduce the heat to keep a low simmer, stirring frequently for ten minutes.
- Remove meat mixture from the stove and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut and discard the ends off of the zucchini. Stand the zucchini vertically and slice along the length into 1/8-1/4” thick strips. They will not all be the same size, and that's okay.
- Arrange 1/3 of your slices of zucchini along the bottom of your baking dish, slightly overlapping each other.
- Evenly spread half of your meat mixture on top of your first row of zucchini.
- Evenly spread 1/3 of your cheese over the meat.
- Continue this process until all your ingredients are in the dish. Give the dish a nice shake and bump on the counter to help settle your ingredients.
- Bake your lasagna uncovered until golden brown on top, approximately 45-60 minutes.
- Allow your lasagna to rest for 15 minutes, slice, and serve.
Have you tried a low-carb lasagna recipe? Tell me in the comments.
Are you looking for even more ways to stay up to date with Life with Tonya? Sign up for the newsletter for more tips and promotions. Don’t forget to be social and Like, Follow and Subscribe. Comments below are always welcome.
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram YouTube